Great company. Great people. Great
As a Dispatcher at United Rentals, you will be tasked with
organizing the daily dispatch of equipment for the branch in a safe
and timely manner. You will be responsible for maximizing the
efficiency of UR owned assets and outside resources. Our customers
depend us to deliver and pickup on time. Without you, they
cannot meet their operational needs, and that's why we seek a
professional with integrity who respects and understand the demands
of the job.
Your strong work ethic, reliability and positive attitude will
make you an asset to our branch and entire organization. If you
would enjoy the chance to make your mark with the world’s largest
equipment rental provider, consider a future with United Rentals.
You will be supported by a strong management team that will help
you achieve your goals. Excellence in this challenging and
rewarding position paves the way for advancement opportunities.
Duties include the following:
- Daily scheduling of UR Drivers and outside haulers with
proactive forward planning
- Manage constant change to the daily schedule to meet customer
- Manage inter-company transfer hauling
- Communicate Driver schedules and expectations
- Become expert on dispatch system, supporting applications, and
- Be a key player in the daily branch planning meeting
- Monitor and perform to dispatch metrics
- Provide excellent service to both external and internal
- Communicate with the team clearly, concisely, and honestly
- Assist in taking customer telephone orders for deliveries,
pickups and service
- Assist Inside Sales team as needed
- Other duties assigned as needed Job Requirements:
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Diligent attention to safety
- Strong ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Superior customer service, teamwork and verbal/written
- Keen attention to detail
- Analytical and processes oriented
- Planner, preparer, problem solver, decision maker
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Technical knowledge of DOT/Federal Motor Carrier rules and
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company,
we believe that it takes great employees to build a great
organization – and we’re passionate about helping our people grow
professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our
culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual
respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to
build a better future.
What's in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles: Best in class benefits
offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health
savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life
and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick,
vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive
training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Part Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k)
retirement with company match/RRSP; paid time off including sick,
vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development
and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes
medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive
training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, part time eligibility in select
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women,
minorities, protected veterans and individuals with