Interpreter - Mandarin & Cantonese - Part-time
Company: City of Hope
Posted on: June 7, 2021
- Provides timely, appropriate and respectful interpreter
services to patients and families
- of the target language bridging the gap between healthcare
providers and patients.
- Correctly explaining procedures and medications to patients,
including potential side effects.
- Interpreting with no additions or omissions.
- Completion of daily activity logs and other documentation.
- Proficient understanding of cultural sensitivity, and ability
to collaborate with people from
- diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Maintaining fluency in the target language and current
certification through completing
- necessary Continuing Education.
- Supporting the health and well-being of patients by accurately
- Upholding laws, regulations, and policies in accordance with
health care interpreting practices.
- Ensuring confidentiality of patient information.
- Understanding their ethical obligation to the position.
- Collaborates with and promotes teamwork among all members of
the healthcare team;
- Uses effective decision-making and problem-solving skills in
managing patient care, hospital and administrative needs;
Demonstrates exceptionally strong communication skills.
- Works consistently towards organizational goals and patient
- Meets and maintains all professional and regulatory
- Participates in performance improvement activities to promote
- in care delivery.
- Demonstrates assimilation of core organizational values within
- Internal Contacts:
- Supervisor: Courtney Bitz; Director of Clinical Social
- This position will work very closely with all members of the
Supportive Care Medicine Division and the Biller Patient and Family
Resource Center. Collaboration with social work, psychology,
psychiatry, physicians, nurses, and other members of the health
Basic education, experience and skills required for
- High School Diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- One year of interpreting in a medical/clinical setting.
- Fluency in relevant foreign language(s).
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent English oral and written skills;
- Excellent teamwork skills;
- Excellent active listening skills;
- Excellent critical thinking skills;
- Excellent stress management skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel, Microsoft
- One of the following: Certification Commission for Healthcare
Interpreters (CCHI), Certified Healthcare Interpreter (CHI)
- National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters
(NBCMI), Certified Medical Interpreter, or equivalent
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related field.
- 40 Hour Bridging the Gap Interpreter training, MITS (Medical
Interpreter Training School) or suitable equivalent.
- 2-3 years of interpreting in a medical/clinical setting.
- Shift: Day
- Job Status: Part-time (32 hours)
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Apr 30, 2021
- Job Field: Business Services
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
Keywords: City of Hope, Baldwin Park , Interpreter - Mandarin & Cantonese - Part-time, Other , Duarte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!