In-Process Testing Associate II - CAR T Cell Therapies
Company: City of Hope
Posted on: June 6, 2021
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and
educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to
the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening
diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of
Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and
advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and
scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute
designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the
National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's
leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of
care for cancer treatment.
The Cellular Immunotherapy GMP Manufacturing Department is
looking for a talented Cell Manufacturing in-process testing
Associate II (CMTA II) for supporting in-process testing in
manufacturing process and analytical development for cellular
immunotherapy products. This is a fast-paced lab involved in
cutting edge technology, research and clinical cellular
immunotherapeutic programs. Testing may include but not limited to
the following viability (automated and manual cell counts), Flow
Cytometry Assays, ELISA, RT-PCR, and cytotoxicity assays. The CMTA
II will also be trained in manufacturing process and project
specific techniques and procedures to support manufacturing
Key Responsibilities include:
- Application of aseptic techniques.
- Perform the procedures/methods and testing for manufacturing
products following established SOPs in cGMP facility and non-GMP
laboratory under limited supervision.
- Assists in training all personnel in manufacturing team:
Develops and updates training plans.
- Maintain accurate inventory of analytical supplies and provide
routine lab support and maintenance activities.
- Develop process control plans including new equipment
qualification and process change control plans.
- Data entry of all patient/product information and testing into
a computer database and generate reports.
- Assist in developing and adapting analytical methodology and
new manufacturing procedures.
- Assist in creating, reviewing and revising Standard Operating
Procedures as necessary for in-process testing, cell product
manufacturing, process development and analytical development.
- Perform equipment quality control, preventive maintenance, and
troubleshooting for analytical and lab instruments.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in lab work and
documentation, strictly following established SOPS, as well as
accurate record keeping and lab documentation.
- Cooperate with Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA)
groups to ensure cGMP compliance.
- Required to wear pager, or other communication devices, to
respond promptly to emergency calls and for critical equipment
- Complete and maintain all training required by City of
- Cooperate with other performance improvement and compliance
activities within the department and in the institution.
- Maintains current knowledge of manufacturing/analytical
techniques and industry practices.
- Follow established City of Hope and department policies,
procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance,
safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including
adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance
- Practice a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining
Basic education, experience and skills required for
- Master's degree in biological science or related field, with at
least 1 year of post-degree research experience or Bachelor's
degree in biological science or related field, with at least 2
years of post-degree research experience.
- 6 months or more of hands-on mammalian cell culture and
- 6 months or more of cGMP experience.
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills, team player,
self-motivated, excellent personal hygiene.
- Practice good judgment in all professional activities.
- Ability to analyze data and compose reports.
- Ability to develop and update policies and procedures.
- Ability to set and model professional work standards.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Apr 21, 2021
- Job Field: Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
Keywords: City of Hope, Baldwin Park , In-Process Testing Associate II - CAR T Cell Therapies, Other , Duarte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!