Research Lab Technician - CAR T Immunotherapies
Company: City of Hope
Posted on: June 6, 2021
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and
educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to
the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening
diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of
Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and
advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and
scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute
designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the
National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's
leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of
care for cancer treatment. City of Hope is a leader in cell therapy
currently with 50 CAR-T cell clinical trials ongoing.
Under limited supervision, the Research Laboratory Technician is
responsible for the collection, classification and filing of
scientific data. The Research Laboratory Technician is also
responsible for preparing solutions, labeling tubes/specimen
containers and maintaining laboratory supplies. Duties and/or tasks
include but are not limited to cleaning of laboratory equipment
utilizing proper cleaning protocols and procedures.
- Responsible for the collection, classification and filing of
- Maintains required records, reports and statistics as
- Trains and assists research aides and assistant in procedures
and use of equipment.
- Collects, washes, cleans and sterilizes used glassware,
equipment and supplies using proper sterilization techniques.
- Receives, distributes and maintains supply inventories in
laboratories as needed
- Prepares simple stains, solutions, culture media, and may
process tissue following established procedures.
- Using appropriate or specified equipment collects and delivers
material for analysis. Ensures proper labeling and pertinent
- Assists in the care and maintenance of laboratory work area and
Education, experience, and skills required for
- High School diploma or equivalent. Associates degree
- 2 years of related experience or combined education and
experience in related field.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.
- Posting Date: Apr 16, 2021
- Job Field: Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
Keywords: City of Hope, Baldwin Park , Research Lab Technician - CAR T Immunotherapies, Other , Duarte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!