Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Per Diem (Chemistry)
Company: City of Hope
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and
educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to
the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening
diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of
Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and
advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and
scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute
designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the
National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's
leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of
care for cancer treatment.
Prepares specimens for analysis; performs and reports waived,
moderate and high complexity clinical laboratory procedures under
the supervision of the laboratory supervisors and the direction of
the department director, section heads and/or technical/clinical
consultants. Performs and documents quality control and
equipment/instrument maintenance procedures. Provides technical
support in fulfilling departmental objectives.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Performs a variety of complex laboratory tests and procedures
according to prescribed protocols and assigned schedules. Utilizes
standard laboratory equipment and records and checks results for
completeness and accuracy.
- Uses appropriate safety procedures for handling, storage and
disposal of biohazardous, infectious, radioactive and toxic
substances. Ensures that all laboratory activities are carried out
in compliance with such procedures.
- Maintains records of radioisotope receipt, use, storage, and
disposal in accordance with state and federal regulations governing
the accountability of radioactive materials.
- Cross-trains through other sections within department. Develops
and maintains skills in order to provide coverage as assigned by
- Performs surveys and participates in other quality assessment
programs. May participate in research activities, investigate new
products, equipment, techniques, and methodologies. Introduces,
validates, demonstrates and recommends as appropriate.
- Maintains the theoretical and procedural knowledge necessary to
perform and interpret assigned procedures performed within the
- Practices quality control methods common to area of
- Prioritizes work and provides prompt and efficient
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department
personnel and other City of Hope employees.
- Performs data entry of diagnostic information.
- Maintains adequate supply levels.
Basic education, experience and skills required for
- Bachelor's Degree
- One year internship through an approved Medical Technology
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license, required
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability.#LI-AH
- Posting Date: Apr 6, 2021
- Job Field: Allied Health
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
Keywords: City of Hope, Baldwin Park , Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Per Diem (Chemistry), Other , Duarte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!