Diagnostic Imaging -Radiology Tech III CT -Per Diem
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: Baldwin Park
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under general supervision, operate radiographic equipment,
including whole body CT scanners and radiographic equipment;
develop x-ray images; maintain adequate records; assist physician
in fluoroscopic examinations; operate portable x-ray equipment, and
follow standard radiation and safety procedures.
- Patient procedures and activities: Explain test procedures and
purpose, and demonstrate equipment for patient.
- Assist physician during minor surgical procedures, and in
developing new techniques and procedures.
- Assist in obtaining tissue specimens.
- Assist provider in patient examinations and procedures.
- Follow standard infection control procedures.
- Lift patients.
- Modify treatment techniques which do not require change in
- Monitor and evaluate test readings during procedures.
- Observe, monitor and evaluate patient condition during and
- Prepare and position patients for diagnostic imaging
- Respond to emergencies (i.e., stat pages, Code Blue) and stat
- Shave and apply antiseptic solutions to patient skin
- Transport patients to/from procedure area.
- Assist physician with fluoroscopic examinations.
- Assist in cardiovascular procedures.
- Develop digital or film images and makes prints if
- Load and unload imaging film in radiology equipment.
- Mix and administer barium to patients.
- Perform whole body CT scans.
- Take radiographs.
- Assist physician with inpatient and outpatient pacemaker
- Perform radiation safety monitoring.
- Clean darkroom, procedures room, and work area. Record patient
- Review patient charts to evaluate patients and identify
- Compile data for quality assurance. Complete diagnostic
examination requisitions, forms and records for pre-op work.
- Equipment and instruments: Check emergency equipment. Restock
supplies in examination rooms. Select and set out appropriate
tubings and sterile supplies. Set up instruments and surgical
- Operate radiographic, fluoroscopic, and portable x-ray
equipment. Arrange for repair of imaging equipment. Inspect
equipment and instruments for damage. Maintain equipment in good
- Materials and Supplies: Fill requests for equipment and
supplies. Maintain and order supplies; dispose of expendable
medical supplies and of used syringes and contaminated materials
properly; inventory equipment and supplies; maintain solutions,
chemicals and automatic equipment; replenish supplies and
equipment; maintain patient information material.
- Attend conferences, meetings and in-service training
- Serve as resource person to co-workers by answering procedural
questions and assisting in problem solving.
- Conduct in service training.
- Maintain current licensure/certifications, and proficiency in
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time
- Perform other duties as required.
Pay Grade 26
- Must have three (3) years of recent radiologic technology
experience, including one (1) year of recent experience in whole
body computerized tomography. One (1) year of CT experience may be
substituted with successful completion of the department's formal
CT training program.
- Current and valid California CRT and American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification.
- Fluoroscopy certification required.
- Certificate in Venipuncture.
- American Heart Association (AHA) approved BLS.
- Basic PC skills: Health Connect/ Mainframe / KITS / POINT / RIS
- Technical skills and knowledge required may vary by location
and area. Operate radiographic and/or fluoroscopic equipment as
well as film or digital processing equipment.
- This is a per diem position. Hours and days are variable.
Primary Location: California,Baldwin Park,Baldwin Park Medical
Offices Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1 Shift: Night Working Hours Start:
11:00 PM Working Hours End: 09:30 AM Job Schedule: Per Diem Job
Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union
Affiliation: B01|SEIU|Local 399 Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: Baldwin Park MOB - X-ray-Day - 0806 Travel: Yes, 25 %
of the Time
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Baldwin Park , Diagnostic Imaging -Radiology Tech III CT -Per Diem, Other , Baldwin Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!