About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and
educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to
the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening
diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of
Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and
advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and
scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute
designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the
National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's
leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of
care for cancer treatment.
The pharmacist is a licensed professional individual with
supervision experience, who is responsible for assisting the
director and managers in the operational aspects of a clinic. This
individual actively works to ensure optimal delivery of
pharmaceutical care and service, as well as, assisting in
performance improvement initiatives, either through direct
involvement and membership or by occasionally leading PI team
efforts. He or she participates in the supervision of human and
material resources, as well as, program planning, and evaluation.
He/she provides input into and is expected to meet budget, revenue
and expense targets. This position supervises employees, assigns
work, coaches and trains. It is expected that the individual who
holds this position is able to actively participate with peers,
subordinates, and supervisors in constructive problem solving, as
well as, to facilitate frequent team building interactions with
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensures that he or she provides services that are accurate,
reliable, courteous and timely.
- Supports the efforts of all care providers to deliver quality
- Demonstrates competence appropriate to their role and function
in age-specific care.
- Promotes the delivery of quality care consistent with the scope
of practice of the discipline.
- Provides and promotes professional practice standards through
education and teaching.
- Supports care for a defined group of patients using effective
delegation, supervision and decision-making skills.
- Adhere to all professional and regulatory standards.
- Promotes collaboration and teamwork among all members of the
- Effectively communicates/educates all customers to meet
organizational goals and customer service expectations.
- Maintains current knowledge, skills and competencies through
involvement in professional continuing education activities.
- Effectively and efficiently uses resources.
- Fosters involvement in performance improvement activities to
promote continuous improvement in care delivery.
- Demonstrates assimilation of core organizational values within
Basic education, experience and skills required for
- Graduate of ACPE-accredited Pharmacy School or School with ACPE
- Current CA Pharmacy License.
- CPR certification or receive one with 9 months of hire
- 2 positions are available
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability
- Posting Date: Apr 26, 2021
- Job Field: Allied Health
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job