Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser
Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente’s
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center .
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians,
clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the
diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the
latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and
encouraged to realize your potential.
Director Diagnostic Imaging Services Submit Interest Location:
Baldwin Park, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 899857 Date posted: 08/21/2020 Description: In
conjunction with the Chief of Diagnostic Imaging, responsible for
the operational, clinical, service and fiscal management of
Diagnostic Imaging Services. Develops and implements a strategic
approach to integrate diagnostic imaging services with
business/organizational plans, goals and objectives. Directs the
operations of full service, high volume inpatient and multiple
outpatient imaging sites, (7 days, 24 hours) which usually includes
radiology, MRI, CT, IR, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, x-ray,
mammography. May also include cardiac cath labs and imaging
- In conjunction with the Chief, directs diagnostic imaging
operations and services to meet the clinical needs of physicians,
staff and members and provides services which add value and are
aligned with strategic/organizational goals and objectives.
- Manages all administrative, technical and clerical operations
of Diagnostic Imaging Services to ensure quality, patient care,
access and budget goals are achieved; manages continuous
improvement of departmental clinical and administrative processes
- Coordinates the operations of department across multiple sites
by maintaining appropriate staffing and productivity levels;
developing/monitoring performance and productivity improvement,
safety, quality and regulatory standards.
- Manages the strategic planning of major facilities
construction/renovation projects to ensure the safe and effective
placement of imaging equipment and efficiency of operations.
- Ensures imaging service levels are maintained during periods
of construction and transition.
- In conjunction with the Chief of Diagnostic Imaging, develops
and administers technical and clinical imaging standards and
protocols for the delivery of medical imaging services in keeping
with service, value, quality, cost and access goals of the
- Directs fiscal management of the department, including
forecasting and monitoring of operating performance.
- Identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and
improve quality of service.
- Directs the management of human resources, labor relations,
employee and department safety and risk management programs.
- Accountable for the on-going training and professional
development of technical and administrative staff; may be
responsible for planning, delivering and evaluating
students/professional staff education and development programs.
- Recommends the acquisition and implementation of new
technology based on knowledge of developments in diagnostic imaging
technology and a competitive healthcare market.
- Develops and implements an Equipment Plan for the procurement,
maintenance and replacement of imaging equipment.
- Accountable for adherence to state and federal rules and
regulations on safety and quality assurance programs; ensures
compliance with TJC JCAHO, MQSA, federal, state and local
- Patient Safety: Accountable to promote an organizational
culture of safety and ensure appropriate patient safety standards
and guidelines are implemented consistently in the delivery of
health care to our patients, including but not limited to: TJC
JCAHO, National Quality Forum, and Leapfrog.
- See Patient Safety Management Accountabilities Addendum for
job specific accountabilities.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time
as directed. Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a manager in a full
service imaging department in an acute care medical center
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience as a staff
technologist in a diagnostic imaging modality.
- Bachelor's degree in clinical discipline such as radiologic
technology, health care, business or health services administration
OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) by the California
Department of Public Health (CDPH) and registered Radiologic
Technologist (ARRT-R) by the American Registry of Radiologic
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS) by the
American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT) by the
California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- Registration registered Nuclear Medicine Technologist (ARRT-N)
by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (NMTCB) by the Nuclear
Medicine Technology Certification Board.
- Prior leadership accomplishments as well as demonstrated
achievements in clinical management and staff development
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills and prior
accomplishments in project management, labor relations and human
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local
regulatory standards required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Working knowledge of and experience within three (3) years in
a high volume imaging department preferred.
- Experience managing in a union environment strongly
- Master's degree preferred.
- Position will lead a 24/7 department.
- Days and hours will vary based on operational need of
- Position will also oversee Diagnostic Imaging services
at the Medical Center and at 6 outlining MOBs (Diamond Bar, San
Dimas, Montebello, W. Covna, Crossroads Pkwy, Irwindale).
Primary Location: California,Baldwin Park,Baldwin Park Medical
Offices 1011 Baldwin Park Blv Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift:
Variable Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start:
Varies Working Hours End: Varies Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type:
Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job Category: Imaging / Radiology Department: Radiology Travel:
Yes, 20 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity
employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual
orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status,
ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic
information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and
inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Click here for additional requirements >
See What People are Saying About Working at KP Our Events Come
introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an
upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting
you in person.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network Please fill out the
fields below and click "Join Now" to receive information about
opportunities that relate to your selections.
Enter First Name
Enter Last Name
Search for a category and select one from the list of
suggestions. Search for a location and select one from the list of
suggestions. Finally, click “Add” to create your job alert.
Select Job Location*
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have
from Kaiser Permanente.